Re: RQ gap spacing theory question

Hi Billy -

Sure it would work. A multigap has advantages of distributing the arc across
many electrode tips aiding in cooling by providing a lot of surface area. Air
cooling also has significant contact surface. The arc still must jump the
initial total gap spacing. Setting one end electrode wider will increase the
initial gap spacing. I can't say if some other electrode phenomenon would occur
however. Something you could try and report.
--
Barton B. Anderson
<http://www.classictesla-dot-com>http://www.classictesla-dot-com