Re: Ebay cap question

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

David and all,

Although I couldn't find the particular item number on Ebay, Pyranol is
GE's trade name for PCB's. Some pyranol impregnated paper capacitors
made excellent low duty cycle pulse caps. They are not suited for high
pulse duty cycle or RF applications. Other trade names for PCB's
(worldwide) include:

Aroclor B		Fencholor
Aroclor			Hyvol
Asbestol		Inerteen
Askarel			Kanechlor
Bichlor			Montar
Chlorextol		Noflamol
Chlorinated Biphenol	Phenoclor
Chlorinated diphenyl	Pydraull
Chlorinal		Pyralene
Clophen			Pyranol
Diachlor		Pyroclor
DK			Nepolin
Dykanol			Saf-T-Kuhl
EEC-18			Santotherm
Elemex			Therminol
Eucarel

Large capacitors containing PCB's are (eventually) a disposal headache
that you don't really want or need...

Best regards,

-- Bert --
--