Re: Horizontal TCs?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 12/6/01 1:54:39 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "Patrick Leonard by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <transactoid-at-rogers-dot-com>
>
> The very first TC I ever saw was the horizontal type, where the sparks occurs
> between two electrodes at the end of the secondary form.
>
> I have a lot of nostalgia for these kinds of coils, and would love to hear
> about some horizontal coils that are out there. I want some pics!!
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick.

Hi Patrick,
If you really want to see pictures of a classic, mesuem-quality, horizontal
Tesla coil, get a copy of "The Tesla High Frequency Coil" by Haller &
Cunningham. The original was published in 1910 by D. Van Nordstrand, NY. A
paper-back reprint is available (1995) from Lindsey Publications, P.O.Box 12,
Bradley, IL 60915-0012
  ISBN 1-55918-156-7.
Everything is included, from how to make HV bushings, to how to build the RSG
motor from scratch. You then build it yourself and take pictures.

Matt D.