Seperate transformer cabinet or not?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi All,
         My TC toy is having growing pains. As I add the 3rd, 4th and 5th 15/60
to it, I have no space left on the platform under the coil. My options seem to
be:

1) Add another 28 x 28 x 12 box under the existing coil platform, bringing the
toroid a foot closer to the ceiling. (would leave 26" clearance to the cage
top)
2) Rebuild the platform -at- 48" x 33"  (will just squeeze out the door, but
doesn't leave much space in the truck for the other stuff)
3) Make the transformer box a separate entity that sits on its own wheeled base
between the control cabinet and the coil (caged and grounded, of course) with
HV outlet cables. I have 20-ft 75KV-rated cables with "federal" plugs and
sockets, if needed.
         In a majority of the pig-powered coils I've seen, the transformer is
separate, while the 1 and 2 NST types are usually integrated into the base with
the filter, cap, gap, and primary. Is there any operational reason to prefer
one method over the other, or is it all a matter of mass, girth, and
appearance?

Thanx,
Matt D.