Re: photocopier transformers

Original poster: "Thad Howard by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <thoward-at-nhm-dot-org>

 Jim, and all,

 I bought four of the 5021G10 transformers to experiment with
 your "more high voltage power" circuit.  The only info printed on the
 xfmr is the G.E. part #.

 I connected a 12v 20va xfmr to the primary of each and got secondary
 meter of 270v. and a 3rd winding meter of 31v.
 They all metered the same.  I then connected the pri. of each to a 20a
 variac.  Dialed up to 12v, 18, and 22v.  The secondary results were
 270v, 400v, and 490v respectively.  3rd windings 31v, 45v, and 57v
 respectively.

 Does this mean that for a 4500v secondary, the primary must be
 220v?  Is there anything wrong with my method of testing them for
 voltage?   My xfmrs and yours have the same part #,  my resistances are:
 pri 1.2 ohms, sec 266 ohms, tert 4.8 ohms.  Are yours the same.   Am I
 overlooking the obvious?

    Thanks for the articles on your website.  I will be studying
"measuring transformer parameters" next.

Thad