RE: new power supply

Original poster: "J Whyte by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <xoom321-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: RE: new power supply
>Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 21:10:16 -0700
>
>Original poster: "Pete Komen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><pkomen-at-zianet-dot-com>
>
>Hello J.,
>
>How did you wire the primaries?
>
>I have a 7.5KVA dry type distribution transformer 480x240 on the primary,
>240x120 secondary.  If I fed the secondary with 240, I could wire 2 MOTs
>with primaries in series on each primary winding.  Would I even have to put
>the MOTs under oil?
>
>Pete Komen
RE: to Pete Komen

For my quad MOT supply, I used the typical parallel input format with the
secondaries in series (+ to -). I also exceeded the input voltage from
120VAC to 240VAC. I also added extra insulation to the secondary with
(spray-on) transformer insulation!! Then I placed the whole set up in
transformer oil.
I have yet to hook the new transformer bank up to my huge tesla
coil....hopefully it will hold up okay.

If your thinking of hooking up your MOT's up to a 7.5KVA dry type
distribution transformer .....it "should" be okay....oil is probably not
needed unless to push your transformers past the 6 KV mark.

http://photos.msn-dot-com/support/worldwide.aspx