Re: Checking M.O. diodes

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

"Weazle"

Use a low voltage adjustable lab supply (~0-16VDC), set constant
current limit at about 50mA (low range).  Wire diode + to - in forward
conduction direction and adjust voltage upward.  You'll need 12-14VDC
depending on number of series diodes to initiate forward conduction.
Reverse connection and NO detectable current flow should be seen.
A better test would be a high voltage curve tracer, but this test will at least
tell you if the diode is properly forward conducting and blocking in
reverse direction, and is a simple test no requiring HV to perform.

Regards

Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA USA

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>