Re: Spark Dissipation

Original poster: "Marco Denicolai by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <marco.denicolai-at-tellabs-dot-com>

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com wrote:

> Original poster: "Gary Johnson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <gjohnson-at-ksu.edu>

<SNIP>
> obvious either. The point is that one should use whatever break rate gives
> the most pleasing visual appearance, without expecting that going from 60 to
> 120 to 240 sparks per second will make a significant difference in spark
> length.

Hello Gary.

When I complete my licentiate thesis (probably during next spring) it is
my intention to go forward with the PhD degree. A subject that interests
me is the spark growth mechanicsm for pulsed excitation: relation
between length, BPS and pulse energy. I have probably better to get back
to this when I can conduct my own experimentations too and not just talk
about papers written by others.

Regards

--

 Marco Denicolai           Senior Design Engineer
 Tellabs Oy                tel: +358 9 4131 2769