RE: RSG rotor mount

Original poster: "David Dean by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <deano-at-corridor-dot-net>

Hi Steve,

I used a pulley from an air compressor. It is a flat belt pulley, well
actually there are seven ribs in a 7/8 " wide pulley. The pulley was cast
iron and had quite a bit of run out. It faced up nicely in the lathe. There
is a 5/8" shaft on the motor and the hub is mounted so that 3/4" of the
shaft sticks out through a 5/8" center hole on the disk. There are three
holes drilled 120 degrees apart in both the hub and the disk. The holes in
the disk are tapped 5/16-18 and three 5/16 grade 5 bolts with flat washers
are used to hold the disk to the hub. It works great.

later
deano