Re: why are secondaries bare?

Original poster: "Pholp Smiff by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <kawanze-at-hotmail-dot-com>

the secondary windings do have insulation. magnet wire comes with a very
thin coat of plastic on it. It can be made out of different types but it's
usually clear and so it may look like it's just bare copper wire, but it
isn't. Winding a secondary with bare copper wire would defeat the purpose of
WINDING, it would make a straight electrical connection all the way up the
secondary (at least in a closely wound coil). I hope this is what you were
wondering about.