Please help me with my coil

Original poster: "Tom Stathes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <newphreak_16-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Here are my coil specs.

I recently built a 50nf 20kvdc mmc cap for my coil.
after adding a decent topload and retuning i get the
same spark length as with my 12nf saltwater/winebottle
cap.  What gives? With 1.33kw i think i should be
getting more that 24in discharges dont you?  I think
the problem may be with my spark gap.  Its a static
gap made of a few pieces of copper pipe lined up like
this |||||  I think i might make a rotary gap i saw in
poptronics.  It was made by attaching metal strips to
a muffin fan, and putting it between 2 electrodes
              0
    ---0 0-fanblades-0 0---
              0
not to scale obviously