RSG motors

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-cyberverse-dot-com>

For those of you looking to make your own Rotary Spark Gap, but have found
that motors are too expensive, (AND, if you live near a Home Base), I have
good news. I bought a non-capacitive start 3/4 hp motor today for  40% off
of list, which turned out to be approx USD $34.50! They also had 1/3 and 1/2
HP models available. These motors are rated at continuous duty, and are
intended for swamp cooler applications. Because Home Base is going out of
business, they may or may not have the motor you want. Just for the record,
I am NOT a Home Base employee. This, btw, is a 120 vac 60hertz motor, and is
not able to run on 220vac. The motors are made by AO Smith. There might be
other motors available, but these are the only ones I found at my local
store.

Good Luck

Gene lambert