Re: Sword-like VTTC spark pix at my website

In a message dated 2/7/01 1:43:45 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>  i notice in both pictures that there seems to be a form of cloud around
>  and extending from the sides of the toroid. are these evident in looking
>  at the coil with the eye? it is interesting that they are seen in the
>  lighted background pic also, from the looks of it they seem to "twist"
>  slightly, almost like an ion cloud or like a vortices coming from the
>  trailing edge of a plane in hard climb?
>  very interesting.
>  marc

Marc,
Thanks,  I think the cloud may be some artifact from the lens or
something?  I never saw it by eye.  I didn't even notice it on the
photo until you mentioned it.  I'll check the coil and see if I can
see it, but I doubt it.  It gives a nice artsy effect though   :)

John