MMC resistor question

Terry, all,

I noticed that common 1/2 watt resistors are generally used with
MMC caps as bleeders.  But these resistors are rated at about 370
volts I believe?  Has anyone had any problems with the resistors
failing, or maybe contributing to MMC failure, due to tracking along
the resistor, etc.  I seem to remember that Terry did some testing
of the resistors, and they seemed to be able to withstand a lot of
over-volting.  I didn't see anything about this subject of resistor voltage
capability at your website Terry, but I may have missed it.

Does it matter if the resistors are carbon film, or metal film, etc?

Thanks,
John Freau