Re: Tube find at radio rally

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "bob golding by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>

> Hi All,
>     Picked up a couple of CV2245 tubes today. They are VHF triodes rated
> at 2 KW frequency up to 120 Mhz. Filament voltage is 10 v 29 amps. I
> have the data sheet and wonder if they might be any good for a tube
> coil? Any feedback from the tube coilers on the list would be welcome.
> This is new territory for me, never having done much with tubes/valves.
> cheers
> bob golding

	Those tubes sound fine.  With that much filament power wouldn't be
surprised if they had pure tungsten filaments, which would make them
virtually indestructible.

Ed