Re: Web site

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Matt,

Tesla list wrote:

> <Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>
>
> Hi, I think i might have found a bug with the tesla design.Every time I hit
> the "fine tune" button, AOL stops responding and i have to shut it down.Maybe
>
> its just Aol but
> I was just wanting to let you know.

The fine tune button works on both Netscape and Internet Explorer. I have
noticed browsers handle javascripts differently and would guess that AOL may
have difficulty. I haven't tried it with AOL (I'm assuming that AOL has it's
own browser?). What I do is manually enter turns to get the secondary and
primary frequency's pretty close then use the fine tune button, but it's not
necessary - you can do it manually if AOL is having a problem. I'm not a
programer and this was actually my first try at JavaScript - I know there are
better ways to perform this function.

> Also, this is a real cool feature you
> added!Very helpful.I also have a Q on the spark gap part.If I dont have a
> rotary gap, is it possible to just enter in number of gaps?

I typically use 120bps for static gap setups, but a static gap bps is set via
gap breakover voltage meaning the gap spacing will determine bps. It is
possible to breakover more than once per AC 1/2 cycle. It depends on cap size,
xfmr current, and gap spacing. For 120 bps, I typically just enter an RSG
configuration that will give 120 bps (1800rpm, 4 electrodes, 1 gap).

This entire RSG section you should take with a grain of salt. It's main purpose
is to identify the time between electrode alignment and compare that to the
time required to charge the tank cap based on the transformer supply.

I have a lot more work to do on JavaTC, especially in the Gap section. One
thing I'd like to do is add a Static Gap section, but haven't thought of the
best way to do that yet (there are method difficulty's involved).

> And about the
> tunning, does it recommend a tap point?

The recommended tap point is when the primary and secondary frequency's are
equal. Remember, this is only a program and the actual tuning will be off some.

Take care,
Bart A.