Re: Another trial: Strange results again...

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Simon,

You need to be PRUDENT but I think your gap is a little to small 3 sheets
of paper X 6 gaps make around
1/8" if we use the same kind of paper than me. On my last coil I use a
single gap of 1/4" with an OBIT and
a MMC of .0058uF and don't forget that energy ( Joule ) store in a cap
increase at the square of the
voltage :E=(C*Vˆ2)/2.

Please again be prudent increase your gap space bit by bit because if you
go to far you will blow your
transformer.

It could be something else too, I try to find the complete spec of your
coil ( kind of transformer V? A?
,  size of top load , diameter of the coil ) in the archive without success.

Luc Benard

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Simon Yorkston by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Quantum-X-at-Qserve.8m-dot-com>