Re: VTTC output

Original poster: "Herwig Roscher by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de>

David Trimmell wrote:

> How much plate current were you pulling?

David,

I'm just back from performing some measurements and my
workshop is stinking of ozone still :-)

- At full power the plate current was 350 mA -at- Vp = 9 kVdc
and Vg2 = 1000 V

>How many wall watts?
- This is impossible to measure (for me), as I'm using a 3 phase
tranni but haven't got a 3 phase wattmeter.

>What is the Fr0 of the secondary?
- 245 kHz (with primary put far away). The system oscillates
around 200 kHz.

> And how much filtering were you using for your B+?
- 15 µF, loaded by a 6 pulse full wave rectifier

> Is there a particular reson why you are wanting filted DC?
- If anything runs well, I'd like to try audio modulation

> Also the primary wire seems very thin, #15? (AWG American
Wire Gauge?), impresive that it wasn't getting hot!
- Yes, I'm using about AWG 15 wire now, after trying 19, 29 and 36
turns of about AWG 7 without success. Obviously the impedance
of the primary circuit was too low. If heating was a problem I could
substitute the PCV insulated house wire by enamelled copper wire
of larger diameter, leaving winding height and inductance (nearly)
unchanged.

Regards,

Herwig