Re: VTTC output

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Correct.  A correctly designed power oscillator has enough, and only
> > enough, feedback to drive the grid to the correct current for maximum
> > power output.  When you have gotten everything tuned right, you will
> > have achieved that condition.  Only problem is how to get to that
> > optimum tuning, particularly when dealing with a non-linear and
> > reactive load.  Good luck!
>
> Since power is defined by in-phase load voltage and current it should
> be possible to implement a feedback scheme making use of those
> properties shouldn't it? I didn't say it would be easy though.
> Just a suggestion.
>
> Regards,
> Malcolm

Hi Malcom:

	Welcome back.  The answer to your question is yes, but don't know how
to implement adjustment that particular way, or whether or not it would
make life easier.  Something just out of reach is floating around in my
tired old brain. In some old broadcast transmitters I have seen separate
ammeters were provided in the output tank circuit, one in series with
the capacitor and one in series with the inductor.  Something to do with
the optimum tuning of a low-Q output circuit, but that's as much as I
can remember.

Ed