ballast

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Gbjsjg-at-aol-dot-com>

My Power Transformer is 14400kv and .5 amps. I figured out that that ist has
2 ohms of reactance. The equation calculate the inductance to limit the
current is not coming out right.

R= 2ohms of reactance
F= 500 cycles (right)
pie= 3.14159
L= x inductance

L= R*1000
     2pie*F

So my equation would be-

L=      2*1000
    2*3.14159*500

Its coming out to a wierd number like .4 something at 120 volts. Any help on
the mh I will need to limit my current? Also does anyone know what I should
use to limit the current?
                                                            -Thanks Max Joseph