Re: "Scotty, Beam me up!"

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

<Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

> In a message dated 2/25/01 1:47:27 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> writes:
>
> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <
> evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>
> Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
> <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>
> >
> > Hi.  What may help is the booklet entitled:  Tesla Oscillator and
> > Fluorescent Tube Driver by Gary L. Peterson from 21st Century Books.
> > This will give you building and internal tuning advice for your coils to
> > drive remote lighting and motors with your Tesla coil.  It really works
> > once you get your twin secondary transmitter/receivers into tune. I am
> > amazed at the wireless power transmission capability of my Tesla coil and
> > its ability to run motors at a distance with no wire connections!  Many
> > people on this list guffaw at me for encouraging wireless electrical
> > transmission and believing in Teslas wireless world system, but I have
> > seen for myself that it is real!  And that is only with my dual modified
> > neon setup with a tuned remote secondary. Imagine what a large pole pig
> > tranny could be capable of!     Al.
>
>    Very interesting!!! How about some more details, with pictures?
>
> Ed
>
> Below is a "Free Power" receiver circuit which, if you are near a Tesla Coil,
> or within 20 miles or so of any 50KW AM transmitter, will receive enough
> energy "from the aether" to run a micro-motor (3v -at-0.3ma). To the "space
> cadets", it's a vindication of claims made by Tesla-ites, to the rest of us,
> it's a nice tunable crystal radio.
>                                           L1 Vari-loopstick
> \|/  Ant.                                  L2 4Hy choke
> V                                         C1 10 uf
> |                                         C2 360pf variable
> |                                         C3 0.0022 uf
> | C3                   L2                 D1 1N60 or equiv.
> T             D1     ======      R1       R1 1K-ohm
> +-------+----|>|--+--()()()----^v^v^v----> +
> |       |         |
> ()      |/        | C1                    3v DC output
> ()L1   =/= C2     T              +-------> -
> ()     /|         |              |
> |       |         |              |
>       _ |__
>        ---
>         *

	OK.  Not my idea of wireless "power" transmission, but each unto his
own tastes.  By the way, I have a 20 kW 1540 kHz BC station about 1-1/2
miles from here.  When I series tune my 50 foot vertical I can get about
250 ma of RF in the series circuit.  If I rectify the voltage across the
the laws of nature, though.

Ed