Re: Still getting strange / poor results.

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <MaverickIce00-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 1/27/01 5:13:32 PM Mountain Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Hi Terry, List,

> I think you said the NST was jumping like 1 to 2 CM sparks so it seems
> fine.  When they die, the sparks are tiny.

Only 1 - 2 cm for a 15/30? I'm kinda wondering if there's something weird
going on with my 7.5/30, I can draw very hot arcs (flames) between terminals
about 1.75" - 2" (4.445 cm - 5.08 cm) long. I'm pretty new at this
transformer thing (I was previously working with capacitors and voltage
levels around 300). But unless you mean sparks to the case, I usually get ~1
cm sparks with my NST. A quick question though, I leave my NST ungrounded
when I run my Jacob's Ladder and i'm wondering if this will be a problem when
I start running my TC (still workin' on it...).

Regards,

Josh Hunsaker
Denver, Colorado
MaverickIce00 (Changing to Arc Starter 3-at-aol-dot-com...)