Re: Still getting strange / poor results.

Hi Josh,

Once the arc is started, it can often be drawn quite a distance.  This is what
the Jacob's ladder does.  The arc is short at first, but once started, it can
be streached much longer.

"I" would always ground the case of the NST.  However, some may argue that
leaving the case ungrounded reduces the chances of internal arcing/shorting.
If you don't ground the case, assume it is at high voltage and never touch it
when running.

Cheers,

        Terry