Re: I got a new motor! (SRSG HELP)

Hi Andrew,

Good find!  They usually run about $100+ new.  It probably has starter windings
and a centrifugal switch inside.  It will work perfectly!

You do want 4 flats at 90 degrees.  Probably the flats will be about 0.75
inches wide.  See the following:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/syncmot.zip
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/sync_motor.txt

John Freau has experimented and found you may be able to use smaller flats or
maybe two flats also but most of us just make 4 full size flats.  John has also
come up with a cool way to adjust the dwell electrically with caps and a small
variac but get it built first :-)

Cheers,

        Terry

Cheers,