Re: SA's latest issue

Original poster: "Steve Rosenthal by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <sdrosen-at-cwia-dot-com>

Following is a couple of items I turned up with a simple search. Interesting
blurb about the Navy's research, and NASA replicating it in spacecraft.
Actually Tesla refered to it as the "Power Wave" and he used a mechanical
pendulum ( you can see it as the second shorter tower next to the 160 foot
antenna tower on the secondary) which would swing back and forth and act as
a ELF modulator. In my humble opinion Tesla demonstrated the mechanics of
"Tesla's Power Wave", which is a modulated waveform combining the Schumann
Resonance Wave and the Antenna Recieving Wave. Wardencliff was never refered
to as a research and development facility. But we all know the rest of that
story.
The mention of how there seems to be a correlation between the Schumann
Resonance and human brain waves is also interesting.
One more time I think Tesla was the first to have knowledge of something
(Earth Resonance Frequency) but did'nt get credit for "discovering" it. W.O.
Schumann didn't "discovery it till 1952, and actually he only predicted it's
properties, Telsa had a practical use for the information in 1899!  Oh
well.........
______________________
What is a Schumann Resonance?

The Earth behaves like an enormous electric circuit. The atmosphere is
actually a weak conductor and if there were no sources of charge, its
existing electric charge would diffuse away in about 10 minutes.
There is a 'cavity 'defined by the surface of the Earth and the inner edge
of the ionosphere 55 kilometers up.
At any moment, the total charge residing in this cavity is 500,000 Coulombs.
There is a vertical current flow between the ground and the ionosphere of
1 - 3 x 10^-12 Amperes per square meter.
The resistance of the atmosphere is 200 Ohms. The voltage potential is
200,000 Volts. There are about 1000 lightning storms at any given moment
worldwide.
Each produces .5 to 1 Ampere and these collectively account for the measured
current flow in the Earth's 'electromagnetic' cavity.
The Schumann Resonances are quasi standing wave electromagnetic waves that
exist in this cavity. Like waves on a spring, they are not present all the
time, but have to be 'excited' to be observed. They are not caused by
anything internal to the Earth, its crust or its core.
They seem to be related to electrical activity in the atmosphere,
particularly during times of intense lightning activity. They occur at
several frequencies between 6 and 50 cycles per second; specifically 7.8,
14, 20, 26, 33, 39 and 45 Hertz, with a daily variation of about +/- 0 .5
Hertz. So long as the properties of Earth's electromagnetic cavity remains
about the same, these frequencies remain the same.
Presumably there is somechange due to the solar sunspot cycle as the Earth's
ionosphere changes in response to the 11-year cycle of solar
activity.Schumann resonances are most easily seen between 2000 and 2200 UT.
The Schumann Resonance has been 7.8Hz for thousands of years.  Since 1980 it
has risen to over 12Hz.
Given that the earth's atmosphere carries a charge, a current and a voltage,
it is not surprising to find such electromagnetic waves.
The resonant properties of this terrestrial cavity were first predicted by
the German physicist W. O. Schumann between 1952 and 1957, and first
detected by Schumann and Konig in 1954.
The first spectral representation of this phenomenon was prepared by Balser
and Wagner in 1960. Much of the research in the last 20 years has been
conducted by the Department of the Navy who investigate Extremely Low
Frequency communication with submarines.

"Schumann waves are naturally occurring, beneficial electromagnetic waves
that oscillate between the Earth and certain layers of the atmosphere. They
were first identified in 1952 by Professor W.O. Schumann, a German
scientist. He found that these waves have similar almost the same frequency
as brain waves and follow a similar daily pattern. It has been suggested
that these waves help regulate the body's internal clock, thus affecting
sleep patterns, hormonal secretions, the menstrual cycle in women and so on.
The American space agency NASA became interested in this phenomenom when the
early astronauts returned to Earth only after a short time in space feeling
distressed and disorientated. Subsequently NASA installed equipment to
generate Schumann waves artificially in their spacecraft."