Re: SA's latest issue

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

<MaverickIce00-at-aol-dot-com>

> In a message dated 1/28/01 8:12:50 AM Mountain Standard Time,
> tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Hi Darren,

> > I vaguely remember Colorado Springs notes commenting about Tesla's ideas
> > for sending energy via the Earth, and that what he didn't know is that the
> > Earth's resonant frequency is around 6 Hz

> I seem to remember that the resonant frequency of Earth (I think it's
> referred to as "Shumann resonance" or something like that) is around 7.83 Hz.
> Other List members undoubtedly know more about this subject than I, so they
> may be able to clarify.

	A couple of values get tossed about as 'the value', usually
	harmonically related (1/4 wave & half wave), at 8ish and 16ish.

	Interestingly (and not well known, apparently) the 16ish one
	was calculated and published as early as 1870 (roughly).  (I think
	i can find the reference....).

	best
	dwp