Re: COOL STUFF YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR COIL (author's response)

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>

Hey, think its cool youre into electronics and such and only 15.I started
tesla coils at age 15 and now im 17 and itsbeen cool.I suggest you get a
transformer like a neon sign transformer.Find the largest one you can get.Try
for a transformer of 15kv -at-30ma.Also, dont touch the output with a bare
finger.Dont even touch it with a metal rod!Put a needle on it and then
isolate yourself.I have a Q for you since you work with flybacks and such in
computers.Whats the best way to drive a hv transformer such as a flyback or
something like a HV HF xfmr,feedback circuit or a pulsed circuit?Im building
a laser PSU and im using a homemade transformer with a 160turns ratio.Its on
a ferrite core.

thanx,
matt