Re: CW coil top terminals?/Modulation

Original poster: "Stefan Richter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Stefan.Mac.Richter-at-t-online.de>

Hello to all,
I found a schematic of an old military shortwave transmitter and there
they used grid 1 modulation of the output tube. Audio coupling was done
with a little modulation transformer, no big one for output stages.
Another way of modulation I found in other old books was grid 2
modulation using a second power tube for controlling grid 2 voltage.
There are many variations: grid 2 resistor replaced by an audio selenoid
or a small PA transformer or a power tube controlling directly the grid
2 voltage as a variable resistor (depending on the audio signal to this
tube).
I hope I could help with that little information.

Kind regards
Stefan Richter