Re: Primary

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Greg,

I agree 100% that wood should not be used as an insulator. That's why I use
the single hole / tywrap
method to attaching primary windings to a wood primary form. A single 1/4"
hole is drilled through the
runners allowing a tywrap to be inserted from the bottom runner up through
the hole - then around the
primary winding - and back down the same hole locking on the bottom of the
runner. I tried this a few
years ago after using a dual hole drill method that bites! The key here is
the tywrap actually acts as a
standoff - but you can't make the hole in the runner too big or the primary
winding will actually contact
the runner. A couple test drills will help the builder find the right drill
size in his/her arsonal.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>