MOT power supply

Original poster: "Christopher Telford by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <christophertelford-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello All,

I am considering using two MOT's to replace my 450W
NST power supply. I have heard that two MOT's can be
put in series to gain 4000V, and that this is enough
for a Tesla coil. If this was done would current
limiting be needed? I don't have access to a variac so
i can't use that. Would a third MOT work? Any help
and/or diagrams would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris Telford