Re: Ryan's Coil = DOA :(

Original poster: "Ryan Ries by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <spud-at-wf-dot-net>

Oh, I've already been through the NST phase.  It was a pretty darn good
setup, too, because I got ~6.5 foot streamers using 15kv/180ma NST power.
The same secondary was in use on the pole pig powered system.  Heh, it's
funny now that I think back on it, how my friend and I started with a 12/30
that we bought off eBay for $40. (We didn't know what the heck NST's were
worth back then. :))  You should have seen our first spark gap.  Let's just
say it consisted of a block of wood, and hot glue. :-)  We have come from
knowing very little about electricity, and absolutely nothing about Tesla
coils, to where we are now in just two years.  I'm extremely glad to have
had the experience of learning as much as I have in these past two years,
and getting the attention of family, friends, and schoolmates.  But for
now, I have no more money to continue my efforts.  I may have to wait years
until I finish college and have a real job.  Who knows.  Thanks to everyone
for the support!

	Thanks,
	   Ryan Ries