Re: Ryan's Coil = DOA :(

Original poster: "Bill Parn by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <parn-at-starpower-dot-net>

----- Original Message -----
From: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 7:03 PM
Subject: Re: Ryan's Coil = DOA :(

<Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>

> Hi all and ryan, could it be possible that the seconday burned because its
> 1in thick?Wouldnt an inch cause the rf energy to be absorbed more in the
> secondary?I thought thinner was better because it absorbs less rf
> energy.Please correct me if im wrong cuz this has been eating me up.
>
> matt

I would be curious on this too, as I have some 14" OD (guesstimating)
natural gas pipe.
It is approximately one inch thick.  I thought it would be good because
surely the gas
company would not use conductive pipe, however I am not certain on this.
Maybe it
is better to use slightly conductive pipe so that a potential static charge
does not build
up.

BP