new builder with wire question

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <biomed-at-miseri.winnipeg.mb.ca>

I'm interested in building a new tesla coil.  I have a 5.25" pvc pipe and a
15kv, 60mA transformer amoung other parts.  I've also been reading about 3
sets of plans to see how to make one.  My question is:  one set of plans
shows using 22 awg standed pvc insulated to 0.064 " (14 gauge) wire,  for a
price(higher) I can get teflon insulated very fine stranded (19 x 34) 22
awg wire in a 1000 ft spool (hopefully one length).  would this be better
that pvc insulated wire for the secondary  or should I stick with 26 gauge
magnetic wire like the other plans  show.

I have also seen different protection ccts on the secondary of the NST, a
selenoid choke vs a RC arrangement.  What do you people think of the
differences.  one better that the other  or not.

Thanks in advance : - )