Re: Conductive paint

Original poster: "Albert Hassick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi Roger.  Isn't Aquadag the stuff they used to coat the insides of tv
screen cathode ray tubes with that lit up when hit with the electrons
from the high volt gun or was that some kind of phospher coating on the
insides of the screens?  AL.

On Sat, 06 Jan 2001 14:10:03 -0700 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> Original poster: "Roger Drosd by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <roger-at-gcisnow-dot-com>
>
> I am currently looking into coatings under the names of "Electrodag"
> and
> "Aquadag", distributed by Acheson Colloids.  They're web site
> http://www.achesoncolloids-dot-com/ describes a number of different
> products,
> some graphite and some silver/copper/nickel.  These coatings are
> apparently
> used for shielding enclosures for electronics.  I'm not sure which
> would be
> best for TC's and VDG's.  I have made a large terminal for a VDG out
> of
> laminated styrofoam sheet insulation, and covered it with aluminum
> tape.  I
> shaped the styrofoam using a makeshift lathe.  (What a mess!)  The
> surface
> can be sanded smooth, but the tape does not lay as flat as I would
> like.  I
> expect that a liquid-applied coating would solve that problem.  I
> hope to
> find out more later about these products.  If anyone knows about
> them,
> including retail sources, let us know.
>
> Roger Drosd
> roger-at-gcisnow-dot-com