Re: bottle caps!

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Michael,

Plastic bottles won't work. They'll puncture within a
few seconds. I suggest glass beer bottles. Since beer
bottles must withstand considerable internal pressure,
they tend to be stonger and more uniform, with fewer
flaws and bubbles, than other types of bottles.

A single 355ml beer bottle is good for 750-900pF. A
six pack is good for about .005uF. These numbers will
get you close enough for initial tune up if you don't
own a capacitance meter.  A single 750ml wine bottle
is good for about 1200-1500pF.  I still prefer beer
bottles.

See my 42nF beer bottle cap at:

www.angelfire-dot-com/ga3/tesla

You'll have to scroll down to the "New Stuff!" list to
find it.  I've been running it for months on my 6 inch
pole pig system at 4400VA without failure or any sort
of maintenance.

Best Regards,

Greg