Re: bottle caps!

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 11:23 AM 11/01/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Michael Petersson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mike.petersson-at-swipnet.se>

>Hi all,
>I was thinking of building saltwater bottle caps for my coil, because I
>have run out of money so right now I can't build an MMC... :-(
>
>My question is;
>I have both glass and plastic bottles but I dont know what kind I should
>choose, and BTW does anyone know a good site on the net about bottle caps?
>
>Thank You!
>
>   -Michael/Sweden

Hi Michael,

When I first started coiling I used salt water caps in both glass and
plastic bottles.  I found that the one litre poly juice bottles did
give better performance than the glass ones.  They where square rather
than round, which gave me more surface area and hence more capacity
than the round glass bottles.  You can't beat them for a cheap, easy
to make cap, but MMC's are definately the way to go when you can
afford them.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca