Re: AVERAGE Power

Original poster: "35045 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <free0076-at-flinders.edu.au>

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Tesla list wrote:

<Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

> In a message dated 1/9/01 10:49:52 PM Central Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> writes:
>
> << And the power factor.
>
> Darren Freeman>>
>
> Darren,
> Yes, I promise never to forget that.  :-))
>
> Thank you for your excellent tutorial.
> I will say that your explanation suffers as a teaching lecture due to the
> limitations
> of the ASCII environment. I believe most of us learn better when the text is
> accompanied by diagrams, in this case, vector diagrams, and some clearly
> explained math. ASCII works against this but I won't enter the debate now on
> how the PC really sucks badly as a teaching tool. I would, rather, once again
> pester people like yourself and Terry and several others on the Tesla
list to
> publish texts and manuals on electrical science as related to the work of
> Nikola Tesla.
>
> Thanks again for a fine tutorial. When may we expect your text to be
> published? :-))

Err, not for a while =) Unfortunately it took a lunch hour even to write
that short explanation and still I find the occasional comment I wanted to
say =) I'd have to spend a while on a tutorial using graphics but I'll
consider it. For now I have an article to write up about our recent
escapades with a coil and a laptop (plus other computer gear), so my time
is limited. Plus I just borrowed a cool book on Support Vector Machines
which are a method of machine learning that work much better than
Artificial Neural Networks.

I must thank you for your kind comments though, it makes me feel like I
achieved something if you liked it =)

> Cheers,
> Ralph Zekelman

Have fun,