LTR&MMC

Original poster: "Tero Ranta by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tetara-at-utu.fi>

Hi!

I haven't been following the tesla list for some time, so I was
wondering if there have been any recent developments about the tank cap
size. Last time I subscribed to it, people talked about LTRs. How much
bigger should the primary cap be compared to the resonance value?

I will be using two grid transformers (got them for free, I'm lucky),
100v->6kV, 800VA each (that's what the datasheet says), I will connect the
primaries in series and secondaries center tapped, and drive the primary
0-230V (that's the voltage where I live) through a variac. That would be
0-13.8kV 1.6kVA.

I will use a MMC. How many strings of caps would be the best? Cheapest
option would be to use 3 strings, but should I use more? I'll be using
WIMA FKP-1 (I think) pulse caps.

Regards,
Tero Ranta (Finland)