filter question

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

i have a question to those that know something about line filters. i am
increasing the power to my pt system and have had to pull the 30 amp
filter out of the line between my main contactor and my pt.
i have some ferrite chokes from a three phase motor control drive that
was fused for 60 amp per leg and i was thinking about using two of these
in the filters place.
my question is: will it do any good to just use these chokes alone or
should i put caps before and or after the chokes? if so how do i figure
the value of the caps? should i take the values given for the components
of the 30 amp filter and double everything to offer 60 amp protection?
although the pt is fed through an isolation type step down transformer
right now, this i'm assuming will stop any transient from getting into
the mains, i am going to try to place a 4000 watt light dimming
autotransformers in it's place for limiting. this will not offer the
isolation safety and i am worried about anything getting back into the
mains.
another question is that when i correct the power factor of the pt to
98%, can i trust the autotransformers to give me the full 4000 watt? 40
amp with it tapped at 100v? and if i tap it at 80v, can i assume that it
will give a 50 amp output from the 34 amp-at-120v input?
thank you for any help or pointing me towards any sites that will help.
marc metlicka