Re: Primary

Hi Dennis,

The tubing and turn to turn spacing is fine.  The voltage from turn to turn
is far lower than the total NST voltage.  Mine is spaced at 1/8 inch but
that is pretty tight and requires great care in building.  Try and get as
many primary turns as possible so you will be able to tune anything you
want including future projects.

I use wood but I live in a dry climate.  Plastics are best but more money.
I would use the processed partical board before bare wood since is is dried
compressed glued etc.  It looses a lot of conductivity in all that.  You
can always test a bit with your NST.

The 2 1/2 inches spacing concerns me.  I have 1 inch spacing between the
inside of my primaries and the secondaries.  However, 1 1/2 inches is
probably best.  I build the coil so that the primary and first turn of the
secondary are level with each other.  If I need to lower the coupling, I
can then raise the secondary a bit.  If you make it with 2 1/2 inches
already, it would be hard to lower it if you wanted.

Cheers,

	Terry