winding secondary

Original poster: "Robert by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <obiwan1186-at-sunflower-dot-com>

Dear list,
I have a question about winding large (10") secondary coils. I have seen
other peoples coils (on the net) that have larger diameter wire at the
bottom to carry the higher currents, medium wire in the middle, and
small wire at the top. this idea sounds like it would be effective, but
could somebody tell me how you would go about joining the different
sections of wire without screwing the whole thing up?  also, what is the
best thing to seal the windings with, and how many coats do you need to
apply? I am new to coiling and i want to get it right the first time so
i need all the help i can get. thanks everyone,
Robert