Re: HV coaxial wire

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Pyrotrons-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Joseph.

Yes, you can use it if you tie the braid and foil together and use them as
the ground (0V) side, and use the center conductor for the high voltage. I
wouldn't put more than a couple tens of kV across it.

I would not suggest using this wire with a neon sign transformer, as the
outside braid/foil will be hot as well as the center conductor. You would
have no real insulation to the outside......the black outer insulation is not
rated to take any kind of anything ; )

Later,

Justin Hays
KC5PNP