Simulating coils

Original poster: "Jason Johnson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hvjjohnson13-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello,

I have had microsim 8.0 for a long time now but never really played with it
(never took the time to learn it :-(, mostly because the help files look like
chinese) After the post from the other day about the free program download of
SwitcherCad III, a spice based simulator, I went and downloaded the program. I
finally unzipped and setup the simulator today and after a quick glance at the
help files I started playing (well maybe not so quick, more time was spent in
the help files than simulating :-). The result were beautiful waveforms
displayed on my computer screen that resembled those I had seen on so many
webpages. But I can't get a good model of a tesla coil. So what I'm asking for
is for those more experienced in computer simulation than I to throw out some
tips and advice on sim, and possibly help me off list (especially on the stupid
voltage controlled switch thing that I can't get to work!). Keep in mind that I
have never learned anything about electrical sim programs prior to this, and am
starting out "stupid" in the subject.

<<Jason Johnson>>
The Geek Group
G-3 #1129