Re: TC efficiency, was Math help...

Original poster: "boris petkovic by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <petkovic7-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> My Tesla coils all have conductors :)   along with
> losses in those
> conductors.  You agree that the charging losses are
> lower in a
> large machine.  I would say that the wire losses and
> other losses
> involved with the energy transfer are probably lower
> too in a larger
> TC.  I don't see any reason why the losses would be
> higher in a
> large TC.  I remember you once told of a test you
> did that showed
> larger losses in a large TC, and that's what you're
> basing your
> comments on.  Maybe if you re-post the details of
> the test, folks
> will have some comments about it.
>
> John Freau

Speaking of which,once I analyzed theoreticaly what
should have happen when increasing the size of all the
components (by the same factor) of a given TC system.
Not mentioning low frequency charging processes (just
the efficiency of hf. energy transfer prim-sec.).
without much philosophy one gets the result which goes
in a favour of bigger system..However,in reality due
to nonlinearity of primary gap losses and some other
reasons  I don't think that big system would be much
more efficient than corresponding smaller system.
Still ,I agree with J.Freau the bigger system should
be more efficient.

Regards