Re: Can Anyone ID This Transformer?

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

>Here's my latest aquisition.  It's a big transformer
>with several taps. The thing measures 9-1/2" wide by
>6" deep by 12-1/2" tall, and weighs 65 pounds. >
>Does anyone know what it may be from, or the rating?

Looks like the innards of a pole pig to me.  The four lugs with heavy
leads are the 120/240 volt secondary connections, the others are the
primary, which from the label looks like it might be 14,400 Volts.

If it's in working order, it would be a shame to waste it as a ballast.
Hook it up "backwards" and let her rip!!

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca
           or ve3ear-at-rac.ca