Re: Fanciful spark-augmenter - Isn't Fanciful now.

Original poster: "Kennan C Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kcha1-at-juno-dot-com>

Whoa!...what you see in _tcg1, -2 & -3 is not "Herrick's Augmenter" but
rather Herrick's Patented Solid-State Alternating-Current Thunder and
Lightning Entertainment Machine!  Let's get it straight, now!! (But...no
offense!)

Herrick's Augmenter >is< fanciful, so far.  It's my notion that one could
excite an "auxiliary" primary tank slightly off-frequency, from either a
s.s. or VT primary apparatus, and then instantly shift its Fr to that of
the secondary using a spark-gap and a smaller capacitor, thus dumping its
accumulated energy into the secondary just as does a conventional
spark-gap system.  That way, a s.s. or VT system could profit from the
presumed spark-delay--which, I conjecture, is due to the
inertial-containment effect of the surrounding air.

Ken Herrick

On Sat, 02 Jun 2001 21:19:52 -0600 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> Original poster: "Garry F. by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <garryfre-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>
> At first I wasn't particularly interested in the so called
> 'fanciful'
> spark-autmenter. Mainly because I didn't understand it. My brain got
> full
> and I thought the word fanciful implied that it was just a passing
> fancy or
> fiction. It's a good thing I am not a judge. DOH! ;-)
>
> Now I see this picture of the thing in action ...
>
> http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/KCH_tcg1.jpg
>
> Well, it sure looks like it isn't fiction nor fanciful.  looked at
> the close
> up picture of the apparatus and with all those componants, hooked
> up, I had
> to admit this thing is real!
>
> I agree, perhaps we could call it the Herrick Coil.
>
> Congratulations on that thing. Can't wait to see some more
> fantastic
> pictures? I made the one my desktop picture.
>
> Is it as loud as it looks?

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.