Re: Interesting article on Medhurst, Wheeler, modeling, etc.

Hi Jim,

I forwarded this the Paul's TSSP Tesla coil secondary modeling project
list.  Obviously, such things interest us there a great deal ;-))

On very important factor that this paper leaves out is the "Cinternal" or
the capacitance from one part of the coil to its other parts.  This factor
is essential in explaining the higher order harmonics and their magnitudes
and frequencies.

The author here may have run into the same problem I did when I used to do
this, and that is that the program does not have a nice pull down element
for Cint.  Thus, everyone just hopes it does not count...  However, it
does!  When that factor, and getting all the shunt capacitances and losses
right, is done, things workout very well!

Those interested in secondary voltages, currents, modeling (warning - UNIX
:-)) and such can check out the TSSP project at:

http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/

Although the work is still ongoing, it has been very successful in
unlocking many mysteries.  A nice preliminary paper is at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/pn2511.pdf

Just the nice pictures are at :o))

http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/pn1710/

The math is heavy duty but just look at the pictures like I do :-))))

Many wonderful things will trickle down from this project in the years to
come!!

If such things interest anybody, there are instructions at the above for
getting on Paul's TSSP list.  It is all heavy duty math and programming
stuff, but is fun for those so inclined.

Cheers,

	Terry