Re: mmc-type cap use question and coiler location

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>
>
>Can a MOT and MOT cap be used for quarter-shrinking/can crushing?

Nope, sorry. You need LOTS of BIG caps for that. I can't even get (and I
have corporate sponsorship) the kinds of capacitors we would like to have
for Quarter shrinking. We're trying an experiment with 'lytics to see if it
can be done. That's the Thumper project.

Could they
>be used in a small coil?

As a rule, no, but I've heard there are the rare exceptions.

>If run on a small coil, could one build a DC coil
>without tubes, and be able to use a variable-speed RSG w/ it?
>
>Sorry for all the ?'s at once,
>Jonathon Reinhart
>hometown.aol-dot-com/kidd6488/tesla

duck