Re: mmc-type cap use question and coiler location

>I see on several tesla pages that some of you are making quarter shrinkers,
>and
>other hi-energy pulse discharge stuff...  The question I have is..: can a
>MMC
>type cap be used as a pulse cap or am I barking up the wrong tree for that?

Well, that depends....

The MMC Style, an array of hundreds of similar caps seriesed for voltage,
paralelled for capacitance and all wired together to act as one cap can be
used for Pulse work. We're doing it with the Thumper Project.

The MMC caps that we sell for coiling work cannot be used for that
application though. They ARE Pulse duty, but FAR too small. IF (I doubt it
would, but IF) you COULD make it work, it would take THOUSANDS of them to
crush a quarter.

I'd LOVE to see it tried though, but you'll need a bigger budget than I get
to play with. It's way too big for us.

>On the note of Tesla Coiling... Are there any 'Coil-o-Thon's going on
>around
>(near, in), the state of Wyoming???  if so, when, where??
>
>Thanks
>
>Rocky

duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1