Re: SG copper pipe trick

Tesla list wrote:

<Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

> Jim, Luc,
> Maybe I have tuned in a little late but there is no pipe trick needed.
> The sweat-solder copper pipe couplings come in a variety of
> sizes and the edges are clean. No tooling needed.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralph Zekelman

	Not all of the edges are clean!  Just built a gap for my Li'l TC using
1/2" couplings and had to file a bit at the ends, where there was a
small ridge.  Easy to do if you chuck em in the lathe, but not hard by
hand either.  For some reason, I found that the gap seemed to work
better after I cleaned the surface with very fine sandpaper.  It acted
as if there was something on the surface that was oxidizing and giving a
coarse black deposit.  After sanding the oxidized part is a nice gray
and the thing will run for many minutes with no problems.  Haven't had
to clean it.

Ed